Thread: Putting on the finishing touches...

Hybrid View

Hello everyone,

Lord Xorn, you definitely raise some fair points and we appreciate the constructive criticism as pr is definitely an area that we could stand to improve in for sure. I do apologize for not keeping everyone more informed on what's been going on behind the scenes and I'm sure the constant delays and silence has been frustrating as I know missing our projected dates has certainly been frustrating for us as well. In the future we'll be more conservative in giving dates and being more communicative if those dates are missed. The last several weeks have been particularly hard to judge because frankly we've been 'a day away' the entire time so I've been holding off on giving updates with the expectation that I'd be announcing that we've submitted to Apple any day now.

As for some of the delays in the past you're correct in thinking that we encountered issues in beta and had to retool large sections of the game. Since early beta the way planets are claimed has changed, the resource production rates, ship production costs, and movement speeds were all rebalanced. The combat system we completely rewritten during beta to better deal with some of the issues we were running into and to pave the way for future expansion, the trade system was completely revamped, and we've done a lot of work to clean up any trouble spots in the ui and provide players with an extensive help system so players can get into the game more readily. A lot of these changes were discussed here on the forums with testers but we definitely could have done a better job of engaging the community as a whole with these issues and picking our timelines better.

In terms of the last couple of weeks the issue have largely been with the subscription system. So with that in mind all I can really say is that we're very close but if anything does come up in our testing we will stop and fix it and let you know what's going on.

Thank you for the frank and lengthy response.

i am sure the delays will bear fruit for your hard earned labors, and I am sure the community will look forward to improved pr.

=)

Not much longer now my little smurfs...

*sigh* Sadly I think the first release date was missed due to huge retooling. Basically the game underwent a massive change, which in the long run has set us back quite a bit.

We are very close now. Final testing seems pretty good. While I would like to say tonight we'll be submitting... We can only hope we see no other issues. Everything looks good so far.

With it being such a huge game, and with such a massive scope it's been a very big undertaking for us. I can honestly say we are pretty happy with the result. A little sad it took us longer, but hopefully you'll all think it was worth the effort. Only time will tell.

We certainly appreciate your patience and I know LeeDot is very anxious to announce the submission...

With that I better get back to going over everything...