Thread: Still waiting...

Hybrid View

Yep, and from the sounds of it we will be waiting a while longer.

I'm guessing Lee's post on twitter means it was rejected again for using Apple's subscription service which isn't (yet?) intended for games.

-VK

Quote Originally Posted by VaporKnight View Post
    Yep, and from the sounds of it we will be waiting a while longer.

I'm guessing Lee's post on twitter means it was rejected again for using Apple's subscription service which isn't (yet?) intended for games.

-VK
    Its been big in the news that a game from Big Fish Games has been taken off the app store for using subscription service.
    Maybe in app purchase can be used instead? Buying "game play hours" instead of tokens

Quote Originally Posted by avalon12 View Post
    Its been big in the news that a game from Big Fish Games has been taken off the app store for using subscription service.
    Maybe in app purchase can be used instead? Buying "game play hours" instead of tokens
    We saw that. They were using a single subscription for all their games. It was an interesting read. For those that might be interested: http://www.gamezebo.com/news/2011/12...-ios-app-wasnt

As for 3G, we play fine over 3G. We spent a lot of time trying to design a MMO engine that could play at decent speeds over 3G, and even EDGE. I have played the game over both quite a bit, and the latency is minimal. We also focused on small data packets, trying to keep the traffic low for the game so we wouldn't saturate your data plan if you play over Cell networks.