Thread: Price

Hybrid View

I think after playing people are likely to love it or hate it. I don't think there will be any middle ground. I wouldn't worry about the sparseness of the forums, because there is a lot of interest there for this type of game, and once word spreads people will pick it up soon enough.

Can you opt out on months, or is it an automatic rolling subscription. I'm sure i remember it being said it was the former but i'm not sure...

Quote Originally Posted by DickDastardly View Post
    I think after playing people are likely to love it or hate it. I don't think there will be any middle ground. I wouldn't worry about the sparseness of the forums, because there is a lot of interest there for this type of game, and once word spreads people will pick it up soon enough.

Can you opt out on months, or is it an automatic rolling subscription. I'm sure i remember it being said it was the former but i'm not sure...
    The sub model used is the auto renew. You can stop the sub through iTunes. Since we will not be pruning accounts if you wanted to stop for a while because you'll be away you can resume your sub at a later date and whatever your status was when you stopped will be retained.

We are in your boat, we figure people are either going to love the game, or hate it.. Pretty much any strategy game is that way. We'll also encounter the "No single player, no play" as well. I did make a comment in a dev meeting once that I could let the player choose at the start if they want a single player experience, if they enable that I'd disable the e-mail, and chat systems so everyone seems like an alien.