Quote Originally Posted by shadowkhai View Post
Would this also explain disconnecting when you're just idle in the game for a bit? I'm watching my probes flit around and I'll get the same disconnect message, even when I'm not leaving the app.
WiFi or 3G? while it can happen on either a dropped connection could just result in the devices dropping the connection or somehow the packets drop out of sync. In the next build that will go out we will install some better tracking for some of the events and see if we can track things down. There are so many moving parts in a game of this scale, and then factor in various devices, iOses installed, etc it can be very time consuming to try and test for every scenario.

Sadly iDevices can tend to be a little picky about WiFi, as well as 3g TCP/IP connectivity. Some dropped connections could just result in iOS terminating the connection to save your battery, if it detects nothing going on. We are looking in to maybe adding a keep alive pkt to stop the iOS from thinking your device isn't really using the connection.