Thread: Combat

Hybrid View

Thanks again for the clarification.

Last two questions:

In the event that a battle takes a significant amount of time, do you get any feedback about the progress of the battle? And how would you retreat? Just tell your remaining ships to move away?

Can you confirm that you have to be in orbit of a planet to do battle? I have repeatedly failed to engage probes that are orbiting the stars in my systems. I move my ships to them, click attack, and nothing happens. The only time I've actually started a battle is by attacking a planet.

Quote Originally Posted by JetJaguar2000 View Post
    In the event that a battle takes a significant amount of time, do you get any feedback about the progress of the battle? And how would you retreat? Just tell your remaining ships to move away?
    Yes and no... The client gets updates, and is aware of whips in the battle. At the moment though the combat engine is about 80% implemented. We just have to add the display portion. It will be in an update in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by JetJaguar2000 View Post
    Can you confirm that you have to be in orbit of a planet to do battle? I have repeatedly failed to engage probes that are orbiting the stars in my systems. I move my ships to them, click attack, and nothing happens. The only time I've actually started a battle is by attacking a planet.
    No you can combat ships at the star. When a ship is moving across a map it briefly appears at the center of each sector, it isn't really there. It is a warp transit anomaly. In the future perhaps what we need to add is something that tells you the ship is just flying through, rather than actively watching you.

If the ship sits there for more than a few min (depending on ship type) and you still can't attack them, then I would say it's a glitch.