Thread: Tech Trees Dev Diary

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Leedot View Post
    2 - Doh, I misspoke in that article but have now corrected it. It takes 1 day to upgrade a skill one rank except for tier 1 skills which take 0.5 days to upgrade per rank. So it would take if you went straight for Plasma Armament it would take 7 days to get to rank 1. Once you have Plasma Armament it would take you 4 more days to upgrade it to rank 5 granting a total bonus of 50% damage to your capital ships.
    It takes one less skill than the tier rank in an a given category to learn a skill of that rank. (So a tier 1 has no requirements, a tier 2 skill requires 1 skill in that category already, and a tier six skill requires five skills in that category already, etc..) Rank increases do not count towards this requirement.
    Are you only allowed one skill per tier per category? (If yes, ignore the next question )
    Could you not get a Tier 4 skill in 5.5 days?
    2 x Tier 1, 1 x Tier 2 - giving 3 skills in the category in 2 days, then 3.5 days for the Tier 4 skill for a total time of 5.5 days (13 days for a rank 1 Tier 6 skill)

Cloaking: Ships/Fleets are invisible to other players/AI. Togglable active skill. Players cannot attack while cloaked and move at -50% speed. Speed penalty reduced -10% per rank..
    Are the percentages compounding on the relative speed value, or on the absolute speed value?
    So 50% penalty reduced by 10% is 45%, reduced again is 40.5%, leading to a maximum moving speed while cloaked of ~78.5% of maximum speed at rank 9, as opposed to 130% (-50% at rank 1, plus 80% (ranks 2-9)).

Another small thing, is it possible to do a stupidity suicide by having Graviton Physics (and making a black hole) without first having Hyperspace Physics?

Very much looking forward to this game

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    Are the percentages compounding on the relative speed value, or on the absolute speed value?
    So 50% penalty reduced by 10% is 45%, reduced again is 40.5%, leading to a maximum moving speed while cloaked of ~78.5% of maximum speed at rank 9, as opposed to 130% (-50% at rank 1, plus 80% (ranks 2-9)).
    You are correct.. and that's the reason I'll never win.

Yes, you could doom your civ to death by blackhole. Need to be careful playing with those advanced techs I suppose.. If you did that I might actually stand a chance at winning.