Thread: Two ideas for the Devs

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by TopherW View Post
    1) Creating two servers out there at the same time, one is the two to three days between matches which we currently have and a second server which is every week. That way for those of us who want to get around 200-300 people we could join the weekly server and those of us who want a quicker/smaller game could join the semi daily server.
    Excellent idea. I think I'll pass that one off as mine..

Quote Originally Posted by TopherW View Post
    2) This is probably much harder. Would it be possible to create a freemium server for those people out there who are complaining about having to pay $2 without getting a demo. Let that server be full of people buying to win but as they experience it they might realize they would have more fun if they weren't facing people buying to the top. The other advantage of that would be to give the devs a little more spending money for their servers and incredibly hard work on this.
    We have discussed this at length.. here our are current thoughts:

1 - Have a server similar to the tutorial server, but with restrictions in place like - Max Tier of say 3, and an object cap of maybe 200 ships. This server would only be available for free players.

2 - Have the signups for a game open to free players the last few hours before the game starts. Free players would be restricted to the following:
    - No chat or renaming objects/planets.
    - They would have an object limit imposed maybe 200 objects.
    - They would only be able to train to Tier 3

3 - Have a server similar to the tutorial server once again for free players that resets every 3 days.

We'd be open to hearing input on those ideas and see how everyone feels. We have no desire to go freemium. We would really like to keep the game a fair playing field for everyone.
    Last edited by zarkwizard; 05-31-2012 at 06:22 PM.