Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk07 View Post
You really can't fault the Devs for the failure of the "closed" beta either. Apple only gives out 100 Keys and of those 100 Keys, only 20-30 people consistently played in the beta. This game is truely something that has never been attempted before on an apple mobile device, or any mobile device for that matter. So it's important to keep that in mind when filing complaints.
Oh, I understand that, and it makes sense for some things. For instance the trader win conditions - it'd be hard to test and balance correctly with only 20-30 players in a beta test. That's one of the things that's quite understandable and I'm sure will get fixed. Same for server issues from the influx of players when the game went live etc. Something like the object count limit not working...is something I'd think someone would have noticed, given that I found it probably 10 minutes into the game...

I'm not sure that's even possible the way the game is set up. They already had to rewrite their code twice to get Apple to sign off on the release of this game. If it is possible, that would definitely help ease the worries of new players. I'm hoping this game does amazing, makes the Devs a lot of money and in turn makes Apple a lot of money. That way, Apple may be a little less stringent on future games of this scale and allow for proper beta tests.
I believe IAP prices at least can be changed without republishing the app (I'm not sure about that, and not necessarily what I'm suggesting). I know they can add time to our existing subscriptions (as they have been), I'm basically just wondering if they could set it up server side so when a new character/account is created it's given 30 days free time or whatever (basically like the month free people wanted originally). I understand why they didn't do a month free trial in the first place (and I agree, 2 buck subscription vs 2 buck game with a month free, works out about the same), but it might be worth it until the next update comes out if it's possible.