Thread: Current Active Servers

Threaded View

Hahaha, oh come on, someone just won Aruru? Literally an hour after I start building my first Solar Core Tap? Awesome.

Guys, this is silly, and sadly totally expected. Someone reaches the win condition with no warning and that's just it? Game Over?

I don't know if anyone else cares, but in a game where you have to wait patiently for a WEEK for something like Graviton Physics to finish researching, to have the game just end without any warning or anything is a real downer. What the heck was the point, then?

EDIT: Let me clarify what bothers me about this. Aruru (and probably any server) was big enough that it was entirely possible to play through the last month without ever encountering the eventual winner. Even if you had encountered that person, it's still entirely possible you'd have no idea that they were about to win. To have the win come out of nowhere is really disappointing, since there was no build up, no way to know it was coming, nothing you could do to prevent it. This means the vast majority of players are just going through the banality of managing their empires for a month with NO pay off whatsoever. I get that somebody has to be the winner, but this is silly.

I think there was a discussion a while back about adding leaderboards or something. I had suggested changes to foster "micro-competition" so that those of us who have no chance of winning outright can still feel some sense of accomplishment after investing a month+ in to the game. We've now seen the absurd reality come to pass, so I really hope you work on something like that very soon.
    Last edited by JetJaguar2000; 06-19-2012 at 04:17 PM.