Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Active Servers

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk07 View Post
    It was a coordinated attack Jet, as Pasrons and I both began attacking your colonies in concert. It took planning and timing. That's another thing that makes this game so awesome, the political back room deals that go on. I had been feeding him into on you for a long time. Try to find another game on iPhone that gets even remotely close to this one, and I'll pay for your wasted $2. And yes, I say you don't know how to defend your colonies. You and I only had a loose alliance, no Protection guarantee or trade routes were established. So for you to ignore Defense Orbitals and Advanced Orbitals, which cost Zero RO to produce, was foolish. The game offers so many possibilities. There's a warlord out there in Ningal, Alzalhimer, or something like that, who has almost 2,000,000 points. You had something like 500,000... So it's obviously possible to be successful as a warlord.
    Dude, you don't get it. I'm glad you have come up with a narrative about back room deals and political intrigue that makes you happy, but the reality of the game is not nearly as interesting. Either you or Parsons could have destroyed me singlehandedly at any point, because you both were playing more than me, and at least one of you was a Trader. You say you were feeding him intel about me for a long time? What intel? All my systems and activities were plainly visible to anyone with a probe, no secrets there. You say you only lost 63 battleships attacking my home world -- I didn't even have 63 battleships in total! There was absolutely nothing interesting that happened during that game. I was mostly sitting around waiting to see how much RO I could generate with rank 9 in AMC.

The gameplay is so linear and predictable you can literally plan out your timeline on paper before the game starts, and that's it. The only variable is whether you will spend the time to optimize your expansion management so that you hit your milestones faster than the next guy.

Anyways, whatever. Clearly you find that fun and "intriguing." I find it annoying and banal.

SMH.... It seems we've lost you to the darkside...

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    Open Server...
    You missed Mammetum.

Quote Originally Posted by catswift View Post
    You missed Mammetum.
    Arrggh. Thanks

I would think it would be easy for a warlord to slow down a researcher - all you have to do is kill Solar Core Taps as he makes them. Trader, not so sure.

Wow, congrats SG7. Didn't realize it was you. Very cool.

What am I missing? Why are people congratulating someone for winning? Why is the win listed here as "pending"? Are there judges who have to review, it's not automated? Why is the Aruru server still active and gameplay continues like normal if someone has already won? Will we only know who wins and when the game is over by coming to the forums? What if we prefer to have a spoiler alert? Man, I have never had so many questions about a game in my life, lol. (At least Magic 2013 was released for iPad today so that's one game I can play where I know what I'm doing, heh.)

The win is pending because I messed up the server. Due to other issues, a file was damaged and I rebuilt it incorrectly. As a result the criteria for winning were invalid for the given system, and could not be satisfied. I have since corrected the file, but due to the previous error the server is stuck with two different sets of criteria, so it recognizes neither. Hopefully I will be able to resolve it soon.

Regarding the winner - let us wait for an official announcement.
    Win pending is a normal warning spoiler. For example: if one got 5 artifacts they have to be held for 24 hours. If someone kills enough home worlds they have to be held for 24 hours. Since any type of win is allowed:
    http://www.zarksoft.com/cms/showthre...ght=conditions
    24 hours pending win is perfectly fine announcement in this game.
    Last edited by SG7; 06-20-2012 at 05:58 PM.

We are working on a server ranking list. Although I will be the first to admit coming out of the gate it was our main focus, but as with all things sometimes focus changes.

I'll be the first to take the hit for the notification system issues. We just had other things we ended up focusing on for priorities. The biggest was an overhaul on the game mechanics. Getting the game balanced and solid is our #1 priority, and if we have to give away free play time to get all that sorted that's what we'll do.

Hind sight is 20:20, and while I am sure we wish we could go back in time and do things differently we certainly would have taken a few different roads, but alas we are here. Some of the ship types didn't balance out like we thought they would, nor did some of the ore collections. We had no idea some of the game would be as unbalanced as it is. It's tough to make those discoveries when you only have 100 keys to hand out and then only get 20 people that even log in and play. While things might seem okay, they will never compare to having 100+ people in a single game.

We have no intention of wanting anyone to feel jaded or robbed, and that's why I'll tell you now all accounts will continue to get free time till we make it right. Obviously it's in our best interests to make sure we get there if we want to start making money. See my post about coming changes and what the plans are. Your input is very important to us. Now is the time to get some of your feedback and thoughts in before we lock in design and changes. Be sure to read the post : http://www.zarksoft.com/cms/showthre...ghts-For-1-0-8