Thread: Future changes and thoughts... For 1.0.8

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by ravenzachary View Post
    I still think colonized worlds are too powerful defensively. I lost 350 Battleships trying to take a colonized world. It should be easier than that considering the ship build limits. I'm not sure anyone has lost a colony in any games played so far.
    Seeing a fleet of 400 Battleships, or 400 Battle Cruisers take over a planet is not our intent.
    1.) It looks like colonized worlds are even more not less protected!
    2.) I still have to think over the changes since they are altering the game in a dramatic way. Possibly fast simulations of new conditions could tell if we have balanced game. However, I am fully aware how difficult it is to make full scale simulation of the Universe
    3.) I do not think that the land grab can be avoided. I do not even see anything wrong in it! As long as everyone knows about it than there is a fair fight for it. This proposal just delays and slows down the process making it more elaborate. 10 minutes players will always lose against 1 hour players. That is all. Ultimately without the land the economy cannot expand. The other extreme is to disallow any expansion and give everyone the planets up front. Well, I am not fun of it at all but that is a remote possibility.

(BTW Raven:
    If you are talking about your loss trying to take my colony than FYI
    a) it was well protected
    b) I have taken not one, not two but 18 homeworlds already.
    c) Do not worry; I am not planning any revenge on you as I am very peaceful guy. No hard feelings Raven!)
    Last edited by SG7; 06-21-2012 at 05:33 PM.