Thread: Future changes and thoughts... For 1.0.8

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by JetJaguar2000 View Post
    I agree with this, but want to add one more thing: a bunch of the "hardcore" players have been posting a lot about how easy it is to take colonies ("it only takes 400 battleships!"). Once again, I disclaim this by conceding that I may not "get it[]
    More generally, I think it's a symptom of poor design[]
    Jet, with all due respect. Yes, you did not get it this game. It is very, VERY EASY and CHEAP to protect your colony from 400 Battleships. When I did a math I said to myself at the beginning of the game - there is no point to build 400 battleships since it will be useless against reasonably defended colony. I build my army only to fight aliens. Then later on I noticed that almost all players put a sign on his/her home worlds: "Please conquer me. I am totally undefended. I do not know what I am doing".
    I repeat as a winner on Aruru of 18 home worlds: It is almost impossible to take down reasonably protected home world! My own home world could not be taken by 1000+ battleships. The attacker is in serious disadvantage against properly protected colony.
    I think a simple knowledge about this fact will render idea of attacking home worlds obsolete in the future games.
    Last edited by SG7; 06-22-2012 at 01:55 PM.