I would love the persistent server once we get things with the standard server figured out. As we come close to the end of Ningal server I've been thinking about what I have liked and what would be better changed. I've been wondering what problems would it cause if we didn't have classes just various victory conditions? That way new players can come in get a feel for the game and steer themselves toward the game style they like instead of kinda not knowing what they are to expect with each profession. Just an idea. I think persistent servers it would be almost a must have to eliminate profession and just let people's decisions dictate the play style. If we make the galaxy larger, slow down the acquisition of planets and skills (just to a point, not stale and boring but not populate the galaxy in under say like 3 months at earliest), expand the number of skills and refine them to be very meaningful, maybe make more options available on outposts and planets we would have a real meaty persistent game. Maybe worth a seperate forum post on ideas for persistent, maybe not since we want to make the current server builds scalable for the persistent version. Really excited for the persistent version once we get stuff worked out with normal.