Thread: Future changes and thoughts... For 1.0.8

Hybrid View

Thanks, zark, sounds like a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes - totally appreciate it!

Two 'main issues' that I think would merit attention and I do not see mentioned for a 1.0.8 update would be:
    1. easier ways to track harvest and/or trade routes and/or incomes
    2. functioning push notifications

All the land grab changes and research time requirements won't help me at all unless it gets easier for me to wrap my head around where my harvesters are coming or going and how much I'm getting from those trades/harvests. In addition, I see forum threads with long calculations showing math involved in how much resources can be carried, or how long different ships take to travel one sector, etc. -- so anything extra along those lines that could be added in-game would also be very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    1. easier ways to track harvest and/or trade routes and/or incomes
    2. functioning push notifications
    That is on the list of things we are looking at doing. We are trying to determine a decent way to handle it on the small devices and we are working on some screen mockups and so forth trying to figure out how to do it. I didn't put it on the list because it's not a sweeping change to the game. It's more of a visual thing, but it is in there for client changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    functioning push notifications
    +1! We definitely need working Push Notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenzachary View Post
    +1! We definitely need working Push Notifications.
    This is critical. As i said in my last post here, the whole reason I started with combat stuff is cause someone captured every outpost I had in an entire sector. I had no idea I was even being attacked until I loaded up my turn one time and had a whole lot less outposts all of a sudden. I'd already been building a fleet for defense, so as soon as I noticed I was able to start taking them back, but if I'd known I was being atttacked when it started I probably could have prevented him from capturing a lot of them...